Presentation: Carbon Forestry on Farms
Rewards, risks and making it happen. A view from the Farm GateJamie Falloon, Wairarapa Sheep and Beef Farmer & Farm Forester
- Why do many farmers appear to not like trees and carbon forests in particular?
- What’s the difference to a farmer between indigenous and plantation forestry in a carbon sense?
- How can we take advantage of the opportunity to improve our farms and NZ’s resilience by using more trees and more forests?
- Why is the legislation so complicated and why is the game being changed all the time and what impact does this have on NZ meeting it obligations?
- How can we sell our carbon credits into long term deals?
These are some of the questions Jamie hopes to provide answers and perspective on – from a farmer with plenty of trees and an unhealthy understanding of the ETS, Zero carbon bill and other environmental regulation which will impact on carbon forestry on farms.
Carbon Forestry 2021
16 June 2021, Rotorua, New Zealand